Home> Study in Guangdong


(en.csc.edu.cn) Update:2016-10-27

I Visa Application

Chinese Government Scholarship recipients should apply for a visa to study in China to the Chinese embassy or consulate-general with the original documents and photocopies of the Admission Letter, Visa Application for Study in China (JW201), Foreigner Physical Examination Form and valid ordinary passport. Those who will study in China for more than 6 months must apply for “X1” visa, and those who will study in China for less than 6 months (including 6 months) can apply for “X2” visa. Students who come to China with other types of passports, visas or without the original documents will not be able to register with institutions, nor will they be able to apply for the residence permit in China.

Visa application cost is at student's own expense.

II Transfer Service

Chinese Government Scholarship recipients need to reach the host universities for registration on their own. For new scholarship students who have genuine difficulties of arriving in the cities of their universities and need a stopover in Beijing, CSC could provide them a Transfer Service. Application for a transfer service is requested to be submitted to CSC through Chinese embassy or consulate-general.

• Transfer Service will be available from Aug 25 to Sept 15 each year.

• Transfer Service includes a pickup service at Beijing Airport, train tickets' reservation, necessary accommodation and medical service. Train ticket fees from Beijing to designation city will be at students' own cost.

Contact Information of Transfer Service Station for Chinese Government Scholarship Students:

Tel: 0086-10-82303706

Fax: 0086-10-82303326

E-mail: zhongzhuan@blcu.edu.cn

Add: No. 15 Xueyuan Lu, Haidian District, Beiing P.R. China

Post Code: 100083

III Registration, Health Verification and Residence Permit

1. Registration

Scholarship students must register in the host universities before the deadline of the registration as specified in Admission Letter with the original Admission Letter, Visa Application for Study in China (JW201) and Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Those who are unable to register on time must get permission from the host institution directly. Those who fail to register without the prior consent of the institution will be considered as voluntarily giving up the scholarship and the scholarship will be automatically terminated.

2. Health Verification and Residence Permit

Health Verification: Scholarship students who are to stay in China for more than 6 months are requested to submit the original documents of their passport, Admission Letter, Foreigner Physical Examination Form and Blood Test Report to the local health quarantine office to have their physical examination report verified. Scholarship students who do not meet the requirements of the above authority will be required to re-take the physical examination. Those who refuse to re-take the physical examination or are diagnosed with diseases that are unsuited to study in China according to Chinese Legal Studies and regulations will be required to leave China.

Residence Permit: Scholarship students must apply for residence permit to the local police authority within 30 days upon their arrival. Necessary documents are as follows: passport, Admission Letter, Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201), verified health report, and photograph that meets the image requirements of the authority. Staying without registration is considered illegal and will lead to fines and penalties.

IV Application for Change

Scholarship students are not permitted to change their academic programs, host universities or the duration of study. Those who need to change for special reasons are required to apply to CSC via their host universities.