Tips for workers on preventing novel coronavirus
I. Be preventative on your journey back to your workplace
1. Keep one to two meters from others since the transmission routes of the novel coronavirus are through exhaled droplets and close contacts.
2. On public transport such as planes, trains and buses, carry along the hand sanitizer or disinfection wipe sand disinfect public areas like the armrests and seats.
3. Please wear a mask for the whole journey. A surgical mask is a good option for daily protection.
4. Please cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, your sleeves or a bended elbow when you cough or sneeze.
5. Frequent hand washing is as important as wearing a mask. Rub with soap or hand sanitizer thoroughly with running water for at least 20 seconds when you wash your hands.
6. Pay attention to food hygiene and avoid raw food and undercooked animal products.
7. Please do not bring live poultry with you and try to avoid contact with wild animals on the journey. If you bring a dog or cat back home, give them a thorough shower.
8. It is highly recommended that you take a pen with you in case you have to fill in paperwork as a Using your own pen means efficiency and safety. Ensure proper reservation of tickets for a possible close contact investigation afterward.
9. A 14-consecutive-day self-monitoring of your health status after you last left your home is necessary, and please seek medical advice in case fever, fatigue or dry cough.
II. Take prevention at workplace
When you're at workplace bear the four major principles for epidemic prevention in mind:
Wash your hands frequently
Wear a mask all the working day
Keep the workplace well-ventilated
Keep your distance from others
What else? Let's take a look at other tips we can learn to protect ourselves from the novel coronavirus.
Confirm the items below before you leave for work
1. Keep disinfection wipes, alcohol sprays, cotton swabs, hand sanitizer and disposable gloves in your handbag. Trust me, you'll certainly need them.
2. Wear a mask before you go outdoors, and don't take it off after you enter your It will give you a full day protection. It is better to prepare 2-3 spare ones in your bag, change masks when you arrive at the company and make sure there are no others around when you start to do so.
Take care on your commute to the workplace
1. Walking, riding a bike and driving a car are the best options for you in order to keep contact with other passengers to the minimum.
2. If your home is far away from the company, and there is no other choice such as driving or taking a taxi and you have to take the subway or bus to work, try to stand or sit separately, with a distance of more than one meter from others. This distance can bring your security against infection.
3. Never eat breakfast on the way to work during the outbreak. You never know if you're going to eat something other than food.
4. Try not to use your phone on your way to work.
Notes when you arrive at the office building
1. Take your temperature If your temperature is normal, go to the bathroom to wash your hands right away when you get to the office.
2. People with long hair had better tie it up to reduce the chance that it could be touched by others.
3. Don't take your mask off when entering the elevator. You never know if anyone beside you could possibly In an elevator -- where air is extremely stagnant -- do not have the illusion that "this place is safe". If your office is located on a lower floor, you'd better take the stairs.
4. Do not press the elevator with your bare hands because the virus can easily attach to the button surface.Use a paper towel to wrap your fingers around, or take a pen and cover it with a pen cap after you use it.
5. Those who use an app to punch in can use the app to locate their places and take photos to punch in. They should try not to use fingerprints function on the cellphone.
Don't let down your guard when you arrive at your workstation
1. Items such as a mouse and keyboard that you frequently contact should be disinfected with alcohol.
2. Keep yourself hydrated and drink hot water.
3. Try to avoid contact when handing things to colleagues and talking with them. Keep a distance of more than one It is suggested to communicate online if it is possible.
4. Video conferencing is strongly preferred. If an offline meeting is required, please wear masks, wash hands and disinfect before entering the meeting room. The meeting participants must be separated by more than one
5. Strictly control the meeting time. If the time will be long, remember to ventilate the air during the meeting.
6. Wear a mask throughout the working day.
7. When you go to the bathroom, don't take off your mask. Put the lid down and flush the toilet.
Be extremely careful at mealtime
1. It is best to bring your own lunch, or bring the meal back to your workstation. Don't linger long in crowded places.
2. If you have to eat a meal at a dining hall, image yourself in an examination room, sit apart from others and do not whisper.
3. Even if you like company, please learn to enjoy your lunch by your In addition to face to face, eating back to back is also enjoyable.
4. If you order takeout food, get rid of the packaging immediately.
Take prevention back home
1. Use shoe covers, plastic bags, and boxes to wrap your shoes for isolation to minimize the risk of the virus coming home with you.
2. After getting back home, hang your coat in a ventilated place; alcohol disinfection won't be a wise choice for it may damage the fabric of your clothes and the electrostatic sparks in winter and the alcohol could start a fire.
3. Use disinfectant wipes or 75 percent alcohol to wipe your phone and keys to keep all contaminants out of the house.
4. When you remove the mask do not touch the outer and inner surface and do not touch a mask used by others to avoid cross-infection; do not put it directly in the bag. It is best to fold it backward from inside and seal it in a self-sealing bag. Touch only the ear strap with your hands.
5. Used masks should be disposed of by sealing them in garbage bags.
6. Strengthen your immune system by exercising regularly.